Tuesday, September 25, 2007

First let me introduce myself. My name is Staci and I am a 35 year old SAHM. I have an awesome husband of 5 years, Thomas, who works so hard to allow me to stay home with our girls. We have 2 little ones, age 3 years and 1 year. They are the best gifts that God has given us after our salvation.

Let me tell you about our journey so far.

Several years ago I saw on a tv show a town in NC that had adopted 16 boys from an orphange in Africa. They were here in the US on tour for their boys choir. Unable to go home because of war conflict, they stayed in NC a little longer. The town indeede up adopting the boys. This obviously was the seed that was planted in my heart all those years ago., I was just unaware of it.

Fast forward to last year. After our 2nd daughter was born, I knew, that I knew, that I knew we were we to have another child and I was ready. After talking to Thomas over serveral months he kept telling me that he wasn't real game for us having another pregnancy. My past two had caused some complications resulting in several surgeries. But I wouldn't hear of it. I knew in my heart that I was to get pregnant again. So I started praying that God would change Thomas' heart and he would be open to us having number 3.

Back up 15 years. When I first started dating Thomas, he had told me of his desire to adopt children at some point in his life. He has volunteered at schools, coached a girls soccer team and volunteered when orphans came from the Ukraine with our church. It really shouldn't have been a surprise to me.

Well all that praying really worked........on ME. Christ totally took away my desires for a bio child and put in it's place a stronger desire for adopting. The seed that was planted 2 years ago started to grow in my heart. I asked Thomas if he was up for adopting and boy was he excited. After a couple of weeks I told him that the Lord had put Africa on my heart and I thought this was where our child/children were. It took him some time of prayer before he too was on board.

So the journey begins!

"Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God and whoever loves the Father loves the child born of Him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments." 1John 5:1-2

We have heard God's call on us to be obedient and care for His children and we are following. We know that if He calls us to something that He will provide for us and the resources. And we are trusting in that.

"to look after orphans and widows in their distress" James 1:27

1 comment:

Leapnlizzie said...

I am so excited to read about your adoption journey. I love reading how God opened your hearts to your new little one. He is sooo good! I miss seeing you at kindermusik.