Thursday, September 27, 2007

A lot of you have asked what the time frame is for the adoption, so I wanted to try and break it down for you.
From what I understand, our homestudy will take from 4-6 months.
After that is completed, it will go to DHR in Montgomery and will be reviewed which takes about 3-6 weeks.
They will then send it to Atlanta CIS (this is the international part of it) and that will take about 30 days.
Finally, it will be sent to Liberia and I don't know how long that will take. Hopefully, somwhere between 5-7 months until we get our date to travel and pick up our children.
So, hopefully, 15-16 months in total.

We are hoping for 2 siblings, relatives, best friends, etc and are open to 3. We know that God has already chosen children for us, regardless if they have been born yet or not so we haven't specified about the sex of the children. We already love them so much.

I was picking up Campbell from school the week I got back from my mission trip when she asked me the craziest question. There is a huge map of the world on the wall outside her classroom and she stopped me at it and asked, "show me where Noah is". You could have knocked me over with a feather. We have only talked a little bit in front of her about adoption and that we are adopting from Africa. She has named a brother 'Noah' already and she really wanted to know where he was and when we could go get him. It amazes me what little ones pick up on and how they know things we parents do not. It will not surprise me at all if we are referred to a child named Noah. God works in crazy ways like that.
We love you all. Keep us in your prayers.
S

1 comment:

Katie Brewer said...

What an exciting journey this will be! We can't wait to meet the children that God has already prepared to be a part of the Torgerson family! We are praying for you as He continues to prepare you for these precious children! We love you all! Ryan, Katie and Boston Brewer