Friday, November 30, 2007

Can I Get A Hallelujah, Praise the Lord?
I have been trying not to worry and fret over not having the 'fastest' dossier in history. You all know how controlling I am ;) So when Thomas' approval letter came back over a month ago and mine had not, but had to be resubmitted, I simply gave it to God...and then gritted my teeth.
I truly have tried to forget about paperwork and concentrate on praying for our child/ren, their families, the orphanage, Addy's Hope and Pastor Wesley instead. During this time Thomas, being the supportive hubby he is, made the comment that he was wondering what was really lurking in my criminal files...hehehe. Well, worry no more!! I received my approval letter from DHR Thursday night. Whoop, whoop!
Now we wait for my prints back from the FBI and then our homestudy os FINISHED. It will then go to Addy's Hope and CIS where we will be given an appt for our biometric fingerprinting. Hopefully within 3 weeks.
Cute story, our church had World Hope visiting last Sunday and there were a group of 14 kids from around the world performing (Uganda, Phillipines) My 3 year old daughter, Campbell, saw one of the orphans on the screen they were profiling and yelled from the front row, "That looks like my brother, Noah!" as if I didn't know this already...snicker. Thomas and I just had this huge, silly grin on our faces. LOVED it! Love her loving him already....even though we don't know if we are getting a 'him'. God is good, God is real, God shows himself so vividly from a child's eye.

1 comment:

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

I so know that feeling. It took us 14 weeks to get our FBI fingerprints and clearances done, then we waited anothe rcouple months in immigration. It took 7 months for us to jump through all the dossier hoops. We're praying for you.