Monday, November 05, 2007

I just wanted to shoot you all a post on what has been happening since our last post. We had our final meeting with our social worker at our home, well not final...but for a while anyway, last Monday. It went to smoothly and the girls slept through most of the discussions that they didn't need to be a part of anyway. Campbell took Ms L on a tour of our house and made sure she saw Campbell's blue ceiling in her room.



Thomas received his approval for adoption through DHR. I, on the other hand, have not :( My fingerprints were not of good enough quality so they had to send new ones in. Once that has cleared it will all go to Atlanta CIS and then we will be document ready.



I just learned too that we are 1 of 7 families waiting on children under 3 ( I am pretty sure we are #7 in the line up) and that there are no children in the orphange under 3 that are adoptable right now. BUt that is ok. I keep reminding myself that it is not my timing but HIS. He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end and every where in between. If God is ready for us to have a child then He we make way a path for this to happen. I truly have a peace about all of this...for now. That is not to say that after we have a referral and know our children's names and see their beautiful faces that I will want to speed up the process. But for now, I am at peace.



We are trying to learn as much about the Liberian culture and way of life as we can. We are hoping to infuse Liberia and America in our home so that our children won't feel to lost when they come home. Here is a short video/slide show to introduce some of the Liberian landscape, faces and facts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCNNYG57wpo

1 comment:

Leap'n Lizzie said...

The Homewood police dept. does great fingerprints. We had ours at Vestavia first and they were both dismissed.

It will happen God's way. Continue to bask in His glory! He loves you and your family so incredibly.